The Outstanding Teamwork Award recognizes staff from any office, unit, department, group or staff within an office, cross-functional group of staff or committee of staff members who have worked together in an exceptional manner to perform an assigned task. The award includes a $1,500 prize to be divided equally among team members (no less than $50 per person), lunch with the President, and a traveling plaque.
Who is eligible:
Staff members who perform as a team beyond the scope of their regular day-to-day job duties and responsibilities. Members of the team must be non-temporary staff members. There is no minimum required length of employment by the University.
As a result of working as a team, the department, office, work-unit or University should have benefited in one or more of the following ways:
- specific, identifiable improved efficiencies.
- cost savings.
- cross-training resulting in expanding job responsibilities and improving service to "customers."
- innovative ideas or suggestions to improve methods.
- completion of special projects.
- functioning in unique (sometimes adverse) circumstances.
- improved coordination and cooperation among department.
Who may nominate:
Any administrator, staff or faculty member.